Interested in Lymphatic drainage look no further!
Lymphatic drainage massage is a type of massage that uses gentle, rhythmic strokes to stimulate the flow of lymphatic fluid in the body. The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that help to filter and remove waste and toxins from the body. It plays a crucial role in maintaining immune function and overall health.
Lymphatic drainage massage is typically performed by a trained therapist using light, flowing strokes on the skin. It is often used to treat lymphedema, a condition in which excess fluid builds up and causes swelling, particularly in the arms and legs. It is also used to improve immune function, reduce swelling and inflammation, and improve circulation.
There is some scientific evidence to suggest that lymphatic drainage massage may be effective in reducing swelling and improving immune function. However, more research is needed to fully understand the potential benefits and risks of this type of massage.
Lymphatic drainage massage is generally considered safe, but it is important to consult with a healthcare provider before trying it, particularly if you have a medical condition or are pregnant.
Reasons to try lymphatic drainage?
Lymphatic drainage massage is a type of massage that is intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back towards the heart. Some potential benefits of lymphatic drainage massage include:
- Improved circulation: By encouraging the flow of lymph, lymphatic drainage massage may help to improve circulation and stimulate the removal of waste products from the body.
- Reduced swelling: Lymphatic drainage massage may help to reduce swelling in the body, particularly in areas that are prone to edema (excess fluid accumulation).
- Stress relief: Massage in general can be a relaxing and stress-relieving experience, and lymphatic drainage massage may be particularly helpful for those who are feeling overwhelmed or anxious.
- Improved immune function: The lymphatic system plays a vital role in the immune system, and some people believe that lymphatic drainage massage may help to boost the body's natural defenses.
- Improved skin health: Some people claim that lymphatic drainage massage can improve the appearance and health of the skin, potentially helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite and improve overall skin tone.
- To secure an appointment click here.
Is lymphatic drainage suitable for me?
Lymphatic drainage massage may be suitable for a wide range of people, including those who are experiencing swelling or fluid accumulation in the body, those who are feeling stressed or anxious, and those who are interested in boosting their immune system or improving the appearance and health of their skin.
However, it is important to keep in mind that lymphatic drainage massage is not a substitute for medical treatment, and it should not be used in place of standard care for serious medical conditions. If you are considering trying lymphatic drainage massage, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional to determine if it is safe and appropriate for you.
There are some circumstances in which lymphatic drainage massage may not be suitable, such as if you have an infection or a fever, if you have a blood clotting disorder, or if you are pregnant.
MyoActive Sports Medicine, is the best reviewed and priced physiotherapy, osteopathy, myotherapy and remedial massage clinic in Melbourne which provides myotherapy services from accredited myotherapists to clients in Burwood, Burwood East, Vermont, Vermont South, Glen Waverley, Mount Waverley, Forest Hill, Wheelers Hill, Nunawading, Heathmont, Blackburn, Oakleigh, Mitcham, Canterbury, Surrey Hills, Scoresby, Springvale, Camberwell, Box Hill, Ringwood, Knox, Rowville, Croydon, Croydon south and Boronia.