Pregnancy massage near Burwood East look no further!
Pregnancy massage is a type of massage that is specifically tailored to the needs of pregnant women. It is often performed by therapists who have received additional training in prenatal massage techniques.
Pregnancy massage typically involves the use of gentle, soothing strokes and techniques to help relax and comfort the expectant mother. The massage may be performed in various positions, such as lying on the side or sitting upright, depending on the stage of pregnancy and the preferences of the woman.
The goal of pregnancy massage is to help manage common discomforts such as back pain, muscle tension, and swelling, and to promote relaxation and stress relief. It may also be used to help improve sleep, circulation, and overall well-being.
Book an appointment today.
Benefits of pregnancy massage?
Pregnancy massage can offer a range of potential benefits to pregnant women, including:
- Relief of common discomforts: Pregnancy massage may help to relieve common discomforts such as back pain, muscle tension, and swelling, which are common during pregnancy.
- Improved circulation: Massage may help to improve circulation, which can be beneficial for both the mother and the baby.
- Stress relief: Massage in general can be a relaxing and stress-relieving experience, and pregnancy massage may be particularly helpful for women who are experiencing the physical and emotional changes of pregnancy.
- Improved sleep: Some people find that massage helps them sleep better, and this may be especially true for pregnant women who may have difficulty sleeping due to discomfort or anxiety.
- Improved overall well-being: Pregnancy massage may help to promote a sense of overall well-being, which can be beneficial during a time of significant physical and emotional changes.
What to expect?
During a pregnancy massage, you can expect the following:
- Consultation: Before the massage begins, the therapist will likely ask you about your medical history, current pregnancy, and any specific areas of concern or discomfort.
- Positioning: Depending on your stage of pregnancy and comfort level, you may be asked to lie on your side or sit upright in a chair during the massage. The therapist will use pillows and other supports to help you feel comfortable and secure.
- Massage: The therapist will use gentle, soothing strokes and techniques to massage your back, legs, arms, and other areas of the body as needed. The massage may be done with or without oil or lotion.
- Communication: It is important to communicate with the therapist about your comfort level and any areas of concern. If at any time during the massage you feel uncomfortable or in pain, you should let the therapist know.
- Length of session: Pregnancy massage sessions typically last for 30-60 minutes, but this can vary depending on your needs and preferences.
After the massage, you should be able to relax and rest for a few minutes before getting up and getting dressed. You may feel relaxed and energized after the massage, or you may feel a little sore or tired. This is normal and should resolve within a few hours.
Pregnancy massage should be performed by a qualified therapist who is trained in prenatal massage techniques and is aware of the precautions and contraindications that need to be considered when working with pregnant women. It is important to speak with a healthcare provider before receiving a pregnancy massage to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for you.
If you have any questions, you should contact your therapist and/or health professional today.
MyoActive Sports Medicine, is the best reviewed and priced myotherapy, remedial massage, osteopathy, Physiotherapy and personal training clinic in Melbourne which provides physical therapy services from accredited MyoActive therapists to clients in Burwood, Burwood East, Vermont, Vermont South, Glen Waverley, Mount Waverley, Forest Hill, Wheelers Hill, Nunawading, Heathmont, Blackburn, Oakleigh, Mitcham, Canterbury, Surrey Hills, Scoresby, Springvale, Camberwell, Box Hill, Ringwood, Knox, Rowville, Croydon, Croydon south and Boronia.