Read below our Covid Policy, as we constantly update it listening to the latest news, rules and restrictions.
Are you open due to COVID-19?
At MyoActive, we are OPEN taking myotherapy consultations, click here to book an appointment.
Necessary precautions have been widely publicised. If you have traveled overseas or had contact with somebody who has, and you begin to feel unwell with a fever or shortness of breath, a cough or respiratory illness, you should not attend the practice and you should call the government’s dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398.
Actions which we are taking include:
1. Ensuring that the service provided is critical at this time for patient health care and the safety of clinical staff, particularly if patients are elderly or have pre-existing medical conditions.
2. Can the patient undertake any of the actions themselves, if so we are still offering TeleHealth Consultations to minimise risk.
3. Any clients, staff and visitors will be sent home if unwell and be notified.
4. We will take action listed above under Actions for an organisation, workplace or venue. (see https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-transmissi…)
5. We will keep windows open where possible, adjust air conditioning to increase air flow, leave doors open post treatments.
6. While clients and patients are waiting ensure separation of 1.5 metres.
7. Always use a hand sanitiser before and after providing the procedure/service, or wash hands with soap and water.
8. Clean and disinfect surfaces (and equipment) touched by the patient/ client immediately after the service has been provided.
9. We will display a clear sign for patients/clients to read on entry and/or provide information handouts about how we are going to protect their safety and your own.
10. Plan ways to enable physical distancing of 1.5m to reduce in-person contact.
11. We will keep staff, volunteers and clients informed of the actions we are taking.
This is, in part, what we are doing to minimise risk:
Providing hand sanitiser for you at the front desk & inside the treatment room.
Thoroughly wiping down the treatment table, including the hand rests, and face rests between each patient.
Having clean towels, gowns, face papers so each individual has their own clean environment.
Washing our hands between each patient.
More frequent cleaning of all other surfaces in the practice.
We will have a form with a few questions to ask each client prior to their consultation.
If you are uncertain or have any queries at all.
Please contact us on 0422 580 035.
We understand situations arise in which you need to cancel your appointment, it is therefore requested that you notify MyoActive Myotherapy of your intention to cancel, providing more than 24 hours’ notice by contacting us on 0422 580 035. Appointments cancelled within 24 hours will not be subject to a Cancellation Fee, due to COVID 19. MyoActive Myotherapy would like to thank you for your understanding as we believe that good practitioner/patient communication works to maintain healthy relationships.
Please read our Covid-Safe Plan on how MyoActive plans to adhere to the following guidelines.
This Collection Statement
This COVID-19 Vaccination Status Privacy Collection Statement (Collection Statement) explains how we collect and keep your vaccination status information. We do these things to comply with Public Health Orders made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 in Victoria and the Public Health Act 2010 in New South Wales (PHOs). Unless otherwise required or authorised by law (e.g. a PHO), we have decided to minimise the sensitive information related to evidencing your vaccination status that we collect and keep.
Do I need to provide proof that I’ve been vaccinated?
In addition to complying with the PHOs, the health and safety of our members and staff remains our top priority. We appreciate your co-operation in providing any of the evidence noted below to confirm your vaccination status. You can provide evidence of your vaccination status in the form of:
- a copy of your COVID-19 Digital Certificate;
- a copy of your immunisation history statement; or
- proof of vaccination from a medical practitioner.
What if I have a medical exemption?
If you have a medical exemption that precludes you from being vaccinated, you can provide a copy of this exemption signed by an authorised medical practitioner. You will also need to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result prior to joining the gym.
How do I provide proof of my vaccination status?
Before your first return to the gym you will need to provide your COVID-19 Digital Certificate (or any of the evidence above). Your membership card will not work until proof of vaccination has been received and recorded in our system.
There are three ways you can provide proof of vaccination:
- Send us an email to email@example.com and follow the steps to upload the evidence of your vaccination status from that noted above.
- If you would prefer not to upload your evidence online, please bring it with you on your first return to the gym and show it to our reception staff who can verify it and record that your vaccination status has been verified.
What happens once I’ve provided proof of my vaccination status?
Once you have uploaded evidence that you are fully vaccinated to MyoActive our staff will verify it.
Once your evidence is verified your profile on our database will be updated to indicate that your vaccination status has been verified, your membership card will allow you to access the gym and we will delete any evidence you uploaded to the member portal.
Your documentary evidence will only be:
- viewed by MyoActive staff who have a specific need to access it to do their job; and
- used for the sole purpose of verifying your vaccination status in relation to your access to and use of our gyms.
Will MyoActive ever share my vaccination status with anyone?
Other than as specified in this Collection Statement we will not disclose your evidence or vaccination status information to any third party unless required or authorised to do so by law or a court or tribunal order. However, we may share your information with relevant regulatory bodies if they wish to check our compliance with the PHOs so they can do so.
We will take reasonable steps to secure this information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure and from loss.
I have questions
If you have any questions about this statement, please contact MyoActive’ Privacy Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance emailing and/or uploading your proof of vaccination, please contact our MyoActive support team.
MyoActive Sports Medicine, is the best reviewed and priced myotherapy and remedial massage clinic in Melbourne which provides myotherapy services from accredited myotherapists to clients in Burwood, Burwood East, Vermont, Vermont South, Glen Waverley, Mount Waverley, Forest Hill, Wheelers Hill, Nunawading, Heathmont, Blackburn, Oakleigh, Mitcham, Canterbury, Surrey Hills, Scoresby, Springvale, Camberwell, Box Hill, Ringwood, Knox, Rowville, Croydon, Croydon south and Boronia.